Sunday, August 9, 2009

On the road again...this time to Kentuckiy

I was asked by the Apache County Drug Free Alliance to be a Youth Leader. Last year I worked with 5 girls on many different projects. We had a ball. Then I was asked if I would accompany 3 of the girls to Kentucky to a Youth Leadership Conference. It didn't take me long to say yes. Two girls from Round Valley, 3 from St. Johns and 6 adults are headed for Kentucky. At the last minute one of the leaders was not able to go so Gary volunteered to go with us. He served his mission in Indiana and wanted to be back on that soil again. On July 27th we left our kids, who had been here for the 24th, (yeah that was weird) at 3 am and headed for Phoenix to board Southwest Airlines flight 1339 direct to Louisville Kentucky. The flight was 3 1/2 hours. I was so nervous about flying but it was a great flight. We landed in Kentucky at 4:30 pm their time, 1:30 our time,. We checked into our motel in Clarksville, Indiana and jumped right into meetings. The time change was pretty weird. Jet lag set in big time. We are here for 7 days. It is going to be a blast!





No comments: