Friday, March 27, 2009

March




March is a very strange month for me. It is a bit of an oxymoron. A time to celebrate life and mourn death. March 3, 2004 Gary was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colo-rectal cancer. That day our lives were turned upside down. Two weeks later on March 21, 2004 Dad passed away. It was the hardest year we gave ever gone through. Gary undersent 51/2 weeks of Chemo and radiation and then surgery. So in this month we celebrate Gary's life and express gratitude that he was able to get well and remain with us and we mourn the passing of my father. I miss his laugh, his smile and the way that he would wrinkle up his nose at something funny he would say. I miss how he loved and enjoyed his grandkids and great-grandkids. They could do no wrong in his eyes. Dad loved Gary so much and was so devasted when I went to tell him about Gary's cancer. That is a day that I will never forget. It feels very strange to both mourn and celebrate at the same time. It is just one of those crazy mixed up things about life I guess.

No comments: