Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where has summer gone?

What a crazy summer this has been. We started with a ton of wind. We were late planting a garden because it was cold and the wind would not stop. We usually have a lot of wind but nothing like we saw this year. Then we had the Wallow Fire which seemed like it would never end. Gary spent two weeks helping to fight that fire. It was July before we really began to enjoy the summer. We worked on our garden but had a weird year of bugs. The squash bugs got the squash and red bugs got our tomato plants. The only thing that grew was broccoli. I have missed all the canning that I usually get to do. By this time of year my kitchen usually filled with the smell of salsa, applesauce, jams, spaghetti sauce and more. I miss my shelves filling with the beautiful colors of the food. Just empty jars sit on my shelf, not looking pretty.
These flowers are the only thing in the yard that grew this summer (besides the weeds). It added beauty to our otherwise drab yard. I love fall and the beautiful colors that come with it but I am sad to see warm summer days and nights fading away. But come it will and soon we will see the snow begin to fall.

No comments: