Saturday, May 8, 2010

Birthday Week-end

Jaron and Sharla came home for the week-end to celebrate Jaron's birthday. They came from warm 80 degree temperatures to the cold and wind but we had a good time. Jaron got spoiled. Jaron can cook a mean steak on the grill and we women can add just the right touch to the rest of the meal. Oh except for the rolls that didn't turn out, sorry Jaron.
On Friday we decided we would attend a Saturday session at the temple. We had such a good time. I love going to the temple.

I did learn that Satan is alive and well and does not want us entering the House of the Lord. I thought I had renewed my temple recommend when Sharla got married but found out it had expired. I called my Bishop and he told me to come down. When I got there the book was locked up, he called is councelor who came down unlocked the filing drawer, handed the book to the Bishop and left. Bishop opened the book to find no recommends!! We tried to call but the councelor was not home yet. So my Bishop tried the lock with his key which previously would not work...... it opened! I breathed a sigh of relief as I had to meet the Stake Presidency before 8:00 and it was 15 minutes till. We finally completed that stage and I ran for my next appointment. Running in the dark is not a good idea as you can't see little things. Suddenly I found myself flat on the ground, alittle out of breath and hurting. Knowing I only had a few minutes I got up and knocked on the door, holding my breath. I completed the task at hand. Got back in my vechicle, uttered a prayer of thanks that God's power is greater than Satan's and went on home. When I got in the door what had happened began to hit me. My left rib was either bruised to broken, still not sure which one. I spent a pretty sleepness night. The next morning I was unsure that I was going to be able to go. I am amazed at the power and strength that our Heavenly Father offers when we ask. The trip was good and the peaceful spirit in the temple was healing for my soul.

The windy cold week-end gave way to a snowy, cold blizzard. The kids left Sunday afternoon in this weather. When they got to Snowflake they said it cleared up. We had hard, bolts of thunder followed by snow, weird. It did help settle the dust though. It was a very wet snow so it was funny to see the green grass poking through the snow.

No comments: