Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Foy at last


Sharla is a married woman! Can I just say how weird that is. I got teary eyed as I watched their wedding video and remembered when she was still a little girl. I longed for those days when my children were small and still at home and I could protect them and spend time with them everyday. Then I looked up at my beautiful daughter in her wedding dress, with her face all a glow, so in love, happy and excited about her new life. How could I wish for anything different for her. The wedding could not have been any more perfect. As we headed for the reception Sharla stated that she just knew something had to go wrong because it was so perfect. Well one thing did, a luminary caught fire and burned out. Seriously it all went off without a hitch. The reception was beyond beautiful. Thank you to all who came from far and near to share this special day with us. We love and appreciate you all. I can't thank John and Tanya enough for helping to make the reception so beautiful. They were there for us all day making sure everything was perfect. Also to my wonderful son-in-laws for helping put the lights up. WOW couldn't have done it without you. You guys are awesome. Thanks to my girls for setting up, making the flowers and adding the touches that made everything perfect. Your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thanks to my mom made delicious food so that I didn't have to worry about feeding people. Thank you to Geraldine who was the runner and got supplies from everyone to make things work. Thank you to my wonderful grandchildren for being so good and patient through it all. The phrase "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all" comes to my mind. I love you all so much. And finally to Jaron and Sharla, thanks for making us so proud by doing it right. I love you all to infinity and beyond.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh Mom you're amazing! I love you!