Friday, October 23, 2009

New job!

Twelve years ago this month I started working for Apache County in the Tobacco Use Prevention Program It has been quite the ride. I have played hard, worked hard and I feel that I have made a difference in the lives of the youth in the county. I have loved this job. Working with the youth has been so rewarding. I have always felt that it was as much a calling as it was a job. I also felt that I would be there until I retired but the Lord has other plans for me. The experiences of this past year have taught that sometimes the Lord has to give us challenges so that we are ready to make a move. I really felt that I was guided to the next adventure in my life. I found myself applying for another job and was offered the job as Domestic Violence Coordinator for North Country Health Center. I will begin my new duties on November 9th. I leave the county with no regrets and lots of knowledge that I will be able to use in my new position. I am excited about the challenge and the opportunity to see what the Lord has in store for me to learn. I hope that I can be putty in his hands and help those that he will send to me. Closing the door to my tobacco office for the last time will be both hard and exciting. New challenges, here I come!

No comments: